[j-nsp] EX Switch Question

Tobias Heister lists at tobias-heister.de
Thu Jan 10 08:31:40 EST 2013

Hi,

Am 10.01.2013 14:03, schrieb Paul Stewart:
> Per port ingress and egress bandwidth control (rate limiting with burst)
>
> Per VLAN ingress and egress bandwidth control (rate limiting on a per VLAN
> basis with burst)

As you mentioned this could be the problem or showstopper.
We have not yet found an EX platform (tried 2200/3200/4200/4500/8200) which supported policing on egress (using Firewall filters and policing, never tried using QoS)

Just tested it on en EX8216 running 10.4R9
"Referenced filter 'test123' can not be used as policer not supported on egress"

I do not know if this is a hardware or software problem and if it may be solved in later releases (if software problem). The latest code we run is 11.4R1 on EX2200/3200/4200/4500 and there
it is not possible. I kind of remember it being a hardware problem but i am not sure.

We would have a couple use cases for this feature too so we would be interested in any findings.

regards
Tobias