[j-nsp] Redundancy with MX

Caillin Bathern caillinb at commtelns.com
Thu Jan 24 18:23:07 EST 2013

There are some per-logical-system processes but there are also some that
are chassis wide.  Logical systems also do not support some features,
including I believe most MS-DPC functions, FA-LSPs (go figure) and some
others.  You will also always have a single cos and chassis process for
all logical systems so no real help for a crash there.  Also,
maintenance/provisioning tools will almost never work properly with
logical systems for some reason or another so I would recommend keeping
logical systems limited to the lab for testing larger scenarios on less
equipment..

Cheers,
Caillin