[j-nsp] BGP Labeled Unicast (RFC 3107) (resolve-vpn vs rib inet.3)

Farhat Abbasse ab_ferhat80 at hotmail.co.uk
Sun Jan 27 04:17:31 EST 2013

Dear List,

Regarding the  BGP Labeled Unicast (RFC 3107) , I  am wondering what is the main advantages of using the  'rib inet.3'  vs 'resolve-vpn'  under the familly inet labeled unicast.
I know that the resolve-vpn option consider the inet.0 as primary routing table and will copy the routes to inet.3,  and for the  'rib inet.3'  option it will take only inet.3 as primary routing table

Apart from these definitions, could you please give me in which cases the 'rib inet.3' option would be preferable than 'resolve-vpn' and vice versa.

Thanks for your help.

BR/
FR