[j-nsp] MX80 ports not recognized?

Alex Arseniev alex.arseniev at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 15:51:53 EST 2013

https://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos11.4/information-products/topic-collections/release-notes/11.4/topic-62949.html#jd0e5448

License support to enhance port capacity of MX5, MX10, and MX40 routers-By
installing additional licenses, you can enhance the port capacity of your
router without a hardware upgrade. For example, an MX5 router, an MX10
router, or an MX40 router can have the port capacity of an MX80 router,
provided the required licenses are installed. These routers use feature pack
licenses, which provide additional port capacity with the same hardware. The
soft enforcement policy allows the user to use a port for a certain period
of time (usually a grace period of 30 days), and reverts if the license for
that feature is not installed after the grace period. During the grace
period, a reminder to purchase the license is reported in the system logs.
Licenses can be upgraded or downgraded. When you downgrade the license, the
port associated with the license is unusable.

Are you certain You have two MX80 units and not 1 MX80 unit and 1 MX5/10/40
unit?

HTH
Thanks
Alex