[j-nsp] Multicast Traffic over L2VPN

Paul Stewart paul at paulstewart.org
Tue Jan 29 15:00:31 EST 2013

Can you explain this a bit more?   Sorry, this has me really curious and I
obviously need to get more up to speed on multicast because we are moving
towards IPTV shortly ;)

Here's the routing instance that is now working:

VLAN69-xxxxxxx-Headend {
    instance-type vpls;
    vlan-id 69;
    interface ge-1/0/5.69;
    route-distinguisher xx.xx.100.84:69;
    vrf-target target:xxxx:9069;
    protocols {
        vpls {
            site-range 3;
            no-tunnel-services;
            site xxxxxxxx-DAC {
                site-identifier 1;
            }
        }
    }
}

We didn't configure anything specific to multicast.

Thanks,

Paul