[j-nsp] Advice on a 100Gbps+ environment

Dobbins, Roland rdobbins at arbor.net
Tue Jul 2 06:56:43 EDT 2013

On Jul 2, 2013, at 3:58 PM, Morgan McLean wrote:

> I don't know if they will be giving us lags, which means I'll be potentially running 10-15 BGP sessions per MX, which is a lot of routes.

I'm not a Juniper person, but the MXes aren't the recommended boxes for your peering/transit edge.

> They're running the RE-S-1800 quad core 16GB, but should I opt for partial or just default at that point?

No - you want full tables for analytics purposes, if nothing else, plus one suspects you'll be doing a fair amount of traffic engineering, if your anticipated volume actually comes to fruition.

> Its possible all of the links will be from the same provider.

Very Bad Idea.

Were I you, I'd look at engaging some organization or group of individuals who have experience with this sort of thing to get it all sorted.

	  Luck is the residue of opportunity and design.

		       -- John Milton