[j-nsp] Vlan question MX

Keith kwoody at citywest.ca
Mon Jul 8 13:26:12 EDT 2013

Have this setup in the lab on some srx's but want to get some info
on this.

We have an upstream provider that we use a config:

set interfaces ge-0/1/0 vlan-tagging
set interfaces ge-0/1/0 encapsulation flexible-ethernet-services
set interfaces ge-0/1/0 unit 1500 vlan-id 1500
set interfaces ge-0/1/0 unit 1500 family inet address x.x.x.x/30

We are turning up a second connection to them that will be terminated on a 10G
link and want us to use the same thing, vlan 1500, just a different IP address.

Will this cause a problem by having the same vlan id on both links to the
same provider? (I am guessing we are being terminated on different routers
on their side).

My lab router didn't complain so I'm guessing its probably ok.

Thanks,
Keith