[j-nsp] Vlan question MX

Tom Storey tom at snnap.net
Mon Jul 8 18:00:27 EDT 2013

The thing thats confusing me is, who on earth presents a service to a
customer as a tagged service? Ive never come across such a thing.

If you're plugged in to a router interface on the providers side, why is
there a need to add VLAN tagging on top? Similarly, if you're plugged in to
a switch, normally the switch port is just an access port, not a trunk.

Someone help me out here... :-)