[j-nsp] MX104 RE performance

Darius Jahandarie djahandarie at gmail.com
Sat Jul 13 19:52:44 EDT 2013

On Sat, Jul 13, 2013 at 7:28 PM, Mark Tees <marktees at gmail.com> wrote:
> Has anyone had a chance to compare the MX104 RE performance against the MX80s line?
>
> Or is it not out in the wild yet?
>
> I have heard some pretty bad stories about the MX80 line in terms of RE performance when converging full IPv4 tables from 3-4 BGP peerings and comments here seem to indicate the same.

My understanding is that it's not shipping yet, so it wouldn't be in
production anywhere, but some people have it in labs.

At the very least, it has redundant REs, which makes it a much nicer
box than the MX80 IMO -- but whether the performance issues are solved
or not is another issue. I'd be very happy to hear if there are any
improvements on that front.

--
Darius Jahandarie