[j-nsp] srx210 interesting difficulty with managed layer 3 setup .

Mr. James W. Laferriere babydr at baby-dragons.com
Tue Jul 16 14:16:01 EDT 2013

 	Hello All ,  We've a vendor that is providing us a l3 managed
interconnect to one of our branch locations .  Both of our branches have a
internet feeds & we were looking to do some method of internet backup
connection .

Now the proposed configuration:

 	I1()<--->B1<--->srx1<--ipsec-->srx2<->B2<--->I2()
 	internet Branch Managed     Managed   Branch internet

 	The ipsec section is required by management .  No unencrypted data
outside of our control space(-;) .

What we'd like to do:

 	Is run ospf on our B1 & B2 devices which are not srx's to propigate the
default when one or the other looses connectivity .
 	Distance between B1 & B2 is negligible as far as latency is concerned .
 	But our ospf announcements are NOT allowed in the vendors network as
they are running ospf .

 	Is there some method of configuring the srx's to have the interface
at B1 at srx1 be hard mapped to pass all traffic to the srx2 at B2 ?  So that we
can run ospf ?

 		Tia ,  JimL