[j-nsp] BGP Multipath

Keith kwoody at citywest.ca
Thu Jul 18 19:10:57 EDT 2013

We recently just turned up another connection to one of our upstreams, so now we have two.
One is a GE the other is a 10GE.

We are getting into new territory here.

The GE connection is in use and working fine.

These two connections home to two different routers on our upstream.

As the BGP policy will remain the same, I was just going to add a new neighbour statement
to that
particular BGP group for that upstream.

I was told to also add multipath to that as well if I want to use both connections for
load balancing.

Don't really want to use both as the GE will be going away sometime, but to make sure it
works I was
going to add the new neighbor IP address, make sure BGP comes up and traffic is there then
remove the old neighbor
IP address.

Would this be a sensible way to do it?

Thanks.