[j-nsp] SRX devices upgraded to 2GB ram

Ben Dale bdale at comlinx.com.au
Tue Jul 23 18:13:01 EDT 2013

On 24/07/2013, at 12:53 AM, Pavel Lunin <plunin at senetsy.ru> wrote:

> 22.07.2013 19:09, Gavin Henry wrote:
>> This is the info we got from our supplier in UK who is a Juniper Elite
>> partner:
>>
>> " It's the same functionality and operation, just comes with 2G memory.
>> It's part of a general refresh of the line that Juniper are doing just now
>> to support future applications."
>>
>> Not sure how close those applications are. Some more UTM apps?
>>

> That's true, but there is a caveat (apart from the minimal JUNOS version).
>
> Although I haven't asked local SE, I'm sure the -H2 models won't cluster with the old SRXes. So people planning to upgrade their already installed SRXes to clusters must either speed up or they will need to buy two boxes instead of one. EoL for old models is 31 Dec 2013 but the channels will obviously hold the new models as soon as they get rid of old stocks.

Not even remotely true - I have a 240H and a 240H2 clustered together on my desk right beside me - no issues..

Unscientifically, the H2 does seem to boot faster so make it your primary when you can ; )

This transition isn't that big a deal - it's happened plenty of times in the past.  J-Series with 256MB RAM and flash anyone?

Ben