[j-nsp] Correct config for SRX port channel -> Cisco

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Jul 24 11:07:25 EDT 2013

On 24/07/13 15:48, Stacy W. Smith wrote:
> In general, I see no problems with your AE configuration.
>
> Could you define "never comes up"? Is it the ae0 interface, or the ae0.999 unit that is in a down state?

Both (see below)

> The output of "show interfaces terse" (at least for the member and ae interfaces)

admin at srx-3600-1> show interfaces terse
Interface               Admin Link Proto    Local                 Remote
xe-1/0/0                up    up
xe-1/0/0.999            up    up   aenet    --> ae0.999
xe-1/0/0.32767          up    up   aenet    --> ae0.32767
ae0                     up    down
ae0.999                 up    down inet     192.168.1.2/31
                                    multiservice
ae0.32767               up    down multiservice

> and the output of "show lacp interfaces" might be helpful.

admin at srx-3600-1> show lacp interfaces
Aggregated interface: ae0
     LACP state:       Role   Exp   Def  Dist  Col  Syn  Aggr  Timeout
Activity
       xe-1/0/0       Actor    No   Yes    No   No   No   Yes     Fast
   Active
       xe-1/0/0     Partner    No   Yes    No   No   No   Yes     Fast
  Passive
     LACP protocol:        Receive State  Transmit State          Mux State
       xe-1/0/0                Defaulted   Fast periodic           Detached

> FWIW, the two ends of your link are in different subnets. 192.168.1.1/31 and 192.168.1.2/31 are not in the same subnet.

That's a typo on my part.

I've seem something similar to this before, where a port-channel
wouldn't come up between a Cisco IOS and IOS-XR box if one end was
"switchport trunk" and the other "switchport access". This confused me
slightly - I didn't know LACP was aware of the trunk/access nature of
the "upper" interface.