[j-nsp] L2VPN Termination

ML ml at kenweb.org
Thu Jul 25 14:45:35 EDT 2013

On 7/25/2013 1:08 PM, Mark Tinka wrote:
> On Thursday, July 25, 2013 06:54:57 PM Paul Stewart wrote:
>
>> Is there a way using an L2VPN to terminate the path on a
>> loopback or other virtual interface?  At the customer
>> premise, there is a physical port which could be one end
>> of the L2VPN but at a nearby core router I would like to
>> "virtually" terminate the other end therefore creating a
>> point to point /30 for BGP to speak over and provide a
>> full table?
> Cisco call this a Routed Pseudowire:
>
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios-
> xml/ios/mp_l2_vpns/configuration/xe-3s/mp-rt-pw-rt-vpls.html
>
> My memory fails me, but I recall someone mentioning
> something like this on this list in past, using lt-
> interfaces. Can't recall; any time I've wanted to do it,
> it's been on a Cisco.
>
> Maybe someone else can chime in.
>
> Mark.

lt- interfaces are definitely a way to do it.  In my case I put an lt-
interface in a VPLS instance that was paired to another lt- with "family
inet .." in a virtual router instance.  I had a routed VPLS for names
sake.  In my situation though the lt- interface doesn't move much
traffic.  I'm unsure of what might happen if you tried to move real
traffic through it.