[j-nsp] flow sampling: what packets are chosen?

Sebastian Wiesinger juniper-nsp at ml.karotte.org
Thu Jul 25 18:09:25 EDT 2013

* Michael Loftis <mloftis at wgops.com> [2013-07-25 23:54]:
> Good to hear, I remembered reading that mostly because it seemed so
> wrong.  I don't think I'm missing any context from the book, and I
> don't have any MPC/Trio based gear to test on myself.

I also read it in dhanks book and I wrote him on IRC about it and he
confirmed that the Trio boxes are supposed to only support 1:1
sampling on inline jflow. So the information in the book is not some
sort of unintentional error or leaving out context. Still, as we see
right now it works with the higher sampling rate. Perhaps it changed
somewhere down the line in the JunOS code...

Regards

Sebastian

--
GPG Key: 0x93A0B9CE (F4F6 B1A3 866B 26E9 450A  9D82 58A2 D94A 93A0 B9CE)
            -- Terry Pratchett, The Fifth Elephant