[j-nsp] Juniper MX air filters

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Wed Jul 31 12:45:45 EDT 2013

IDK about the MX240 as I haven't seen one, but the MX960 one appears
to be washable.  Juniper makes a bunch of nonsense claims about using
them within a year but the filter that I saw is the same as in most
manufactured homes.  A sort of ... expanded plastic.  You'd have to
make absolutely certain it was dry before putting it back into service
though.  So you'd probably need a couple anyway.

Since you're throwing them away anyway, may as well try?  If it
doesn't work out (IE filter comes apart or rusts or something) you've
only lost some time.

On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 9:30 AM, Philip Palanchi <palanchi at rutgers.edu> wrote:
> I find that the air filters for MX240 routers are expensive. $1500 US List.  With discount they are still crazy money.  But we buy anyway and change them out because it needs to be done from time to time.
> Can they be cleaned and reused?  If not, what do you do with the old ones? I guess recycle the metal.
>
> Thanks,
> Phil

into trouble of all kinds."
-- Samuel Butler