[j-nsp] routing instances - ospf - summarization

Alex Arseniev alex.arseniev at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 07:49:37 EDT 2013

To export a summarized route, having at least 1 more-specific contributing
route is necessary and sufficient.
I.e. if You have 10.10.10.1/32 as Type-1 in OSPF area X, then creating a
Type-3 summary (to announce from area X to any other area including 0) is
easy:

set routing-instances RIX protocols ospf area X range 10.10.0.0/16

Of course, if You have disparate address blocks in RI1 and RI2, then You
cannot export Type-3 all-RI2-prefixes-summary from RI1  if a more specific
does not exist in RI1.

And external/Type5|7 OSPF routes can be only summarized on ASBR (the place
where Type-5|7 are created in 1st place).
HTH
Thanks
Alex