[j-nsp] What is this ethernet switching trace telling us?

John Neiberger jneiberger at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 10:36:07 EDT 2013

I was just checking again and I'm really having difficulty reconciling the
conflicting information reported by the switch. The output of "show
ethernet mac-learning-log" is stable and the MAC addresses show as learned
on the expected interfaces. However, we created firewall filters to count
frames coming in with the wrong MAC address and those counters are
incrementing. We also have the ethernet trace lot that shows the MAC
addresses jumping around.

So, which is it? Do I trust the trace logs and firewall filter or do I
trust the MAC learning log? I really with they all agreed.

Thanks,
John