[j-nsp] SRX Reliability

Eric Van Tol eric at atlantech.net
Wed Jun 12 11:28:32 EDT 2013

We started using the SRX for security both on our critical DNS/mail infrastructure, as well as our voice infrastructure over the past year.  We've been very happy with it.  We've got a clustered pair of SRX3600s, as well as a few clustered pairs of SRX240s and SRX210s.  We're in a similar boat as you - we just need firewalling (v4/v6), VPN, and routing (v4/v6 ISIS/BGP).

We have yet to have an issue with them in terms of major bugs or hardware failures.  Getting the IPSec VPN to work with our ASAs was challenging, but we got it worked out.  We've also had to perform work before on the links and devices that connect to our clusters and the manual failover has always been seamless.

And if you're into using a GUI to configure devices, the J-Web is nice, only for the fact that you don't need to install some extra app on your computer just to configure the firewall.

-evt