[j-nsp] Unable to load-balance VPLS traffic

Huan Pham drie.huanpham at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 00:14:32 EDT 2013

Thanks Per for the info. It is very helpfull.

By default, on MX5, enhanced hash key is already enabled for VPLS payload.
However, we have to delete the standard hash-key configuration, otherwise,
somehow it causes unexpected behaviour, and disable load-balancing for
certain criteria.

Below command is also helpful in verifying hash-key configuration.

lab at PE2> request pfe execute command "show jnh lb" target tfeb0
SENT: Ukern command: show jnh lb
GOT:
GOT: Unilist Seed Configured 0x8bce4c39 System Mac address 00:00:00:00:00:00
GOT: Hash Key Configuration: 0x0000000000e00000 0xffffffffffffffff
GOT:            IIF-V4: No
GOT:          SPORT-V4: Yes
GOT:          DPORT-V4: Yes
GOT:               TOS: No
GOT:
GOT:            IIF-V6: No
GOT:          SPORT-V6: Yes
GOT:          DPORT-V6: Yes
GOT:     TRAFFIC_CLASS: No
GOT:
GOT:          IIF-MPLS: No
GOT:      MPLS_PAYLOAD: Yes
GOT:          MPLS_EXP: No
GOT:
GOT:       IIF-BRIDGED: No
GOT:     MAC ADDRESSES: Yes
*GOT:     ETHER_PAYLOAD: Yes            <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<*
GOT:      802.1P OUTER: No
GOT:
GOT: Services Hash Key Configuration:
GOT:          SADDR-V4: No