[j-nsp] Share static routes between routing-instances on EX series

Andy Litzinger Andy.Litzinger at theplatform.com
Thu Jun 20 11:50:51 EDT 2013

Thanks all for the tips on and off list.  I found this KB http://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB23027 which states that it's not possible to leak local direct routes between routing-instances.  Apparently it's a limitation of the EX and even the most recent release notes still list it as a limitation.

As stated in the KB article the workarounds are FBF and physically connecting the routing-instances.  The second method isn't really explained in the KB- I'm not sure I follow how to do that or the related capacity and redundancy implications.  Has anyone done it?

-andy