[j-nsp] thoughs on MVRP?

Luca Salvatore Luca at ninefold.com
Sun Mar 3 05:49:15 EST 2013

I don't really need to run STP on them, these are switchports connecting into physical servers which host hundreds of VMs, so I need to trunk all my vlans into about 20 ports per switch

Not quite sure how Q-in-Q would help... How do I configure the ports facing the servers, who does the tagging?

MVRP looks more like cisco's VTP, so probably not what i'm after right?