[j-nsp] Problems with Link Aggregation

Sreepad Raj P S pssraj at juniper.net
Wed Mar 6 12:42:55 EST 2013

How many flows are you sending?

sreepad | jncip-sp
cube 4.3.1.2.3 | xtn 10689
eabu-aa | juniper
exora | bangalore
"yearn > learn > earn"

-----Original Message-----
From: juniper-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net [mailto:juniper-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Filippo Cugini
Sent: Wednesday, March 06, 2013 7:46 PM
To: juniper-nsp at puck.nether.net
Cc: andrea.sgambelluri at libero.it
Subject: [j-nsp] Problems with Link Aggregation

Hi,

we configured the link-aggregation on two switches EX3200 with JUNOS software 10.0R4.7.
We configured the aggregated interface (ae0), containing three ge interfaces (ge-0/0/12, ge-0/0/14, ge-0/0/16).
At the operational level, the state of the aggregated interface (show interfaces ae0 extensive) shows that the link is up at 3000mbps.

However, when we send traffic on the aggregated link, just one ge works, and we experience packet loss when we exceed the throughput of 1000mbps.
Indeed, the statistics of all interfaces show that only the ge-0/0/12 is utilized to forward the data traffic, while the other two interfaces send and receive only signaling packets.

Any suggestions?

This is our one-side configuration:

chassis {
     aggregated-devices {