[j-nsp] SNMP ifIndex 0 on MX after ISSU

Tobias Heister lists at tobias-heister.de
Fri Mar 8 11:42:00 EST 2013

Hi,

Am 08.03.2013 16:33, schrieb Jonas Frey (Probe Networks):
> did anyone ever notice problems with wrong/changed SNMP ifIndex settings
> after ISSU?
> We ISSU upgraded a MX from 10.4R9.2 to 11.4R7.5 and after this some of
> the ifIndex changed.

We had that a couple of time with the MX series (with and without ISSU), the last time it happened from 9.6RX to 10.4RX on a couple of systems.
We will soon go from 10.4RX to 11.4RX so i am expecting it to happen again.

> How do i get the ifIndex right? The workaround for EX doesnt help as
> there is no such process to restart on MX series.

I am not aware of a way to fix that. We usually have to fix it in our NMS, which is really annoying every time it happens.

regards
Tobias