[j-nsp] srx event-options

Luca Salvatore Luca at ninefold.com
Mon Mar 18 00:56:30 EDT 2013

I'm playing around with some event-options on a SRX.  I'm trying to make the SRX shutdown an interface when a specific OSPF neighbour is detected as down, then bring the interface back up once OSPF has re-established.

I have this:

[edit event-options]
lsalvatore at FWL001# show
policy shutdown_internet_if_core_down {
    events rpd_ospf_nbrdown;
    attributes-match {
        rpd_ospf_nbrdown.neighbor-address matches 10.255.255.86;
    }
    then {
        execute-commands {
            commands {
                "set interface ge-0/0/3 disable";
                commit;
            }
        }
    }
}
policy bring_up_internet_when_core_is_back {
    events rpd_ospf_nbrup;
    attributes-match {
        rpd_ospf_nbrup.neighbor-address matches 10.255.255.86;
    }
    then {
        execute-commands {
            commands {
                "delete interface ge-0/0/3 disable";
                commit;
            }
        }

Should this work?  I haven't been able to test it yet but it seems like it may do what I need.
Luca