[j-nsp] EX4200 generates power supply and fan alarms when environment is good

JP Velders jpv at veldersjes.net
Sat Mar 23 04:21:06 EDT 2013

> Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 21:12:32 +0100 (CET)
> Subject: Re: [j-nsp] EX4200 generates power supply and fan alarms when
>     environment is good

> Was busy with other things, so didn't bother to contact JTAC yet,
> think I should have a good laugh this weekend with them on this. :)

last few weeks others complained as well, resulting in two PR's:

PR 858565 - CHASSISD_SNMP_TRAP6: SNMP trap generated: Fan/Blower
Removed traps generated periodically
<https://prsearch.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=prcontent&id=PR858565>
Resolved In 12.3R2

PR 842933 - CHASSISD_SNMP_TRAP6: SNMP trap generated: Power Supply
Removed traps generated periodically
<https://prsearch.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=prcontent&id=PR842933>
Resolved In 12.3R2

Now let's see if Juniper actually releases R2 quickly. Does seem like
these issues should have been caught in Beta or PreDeployment. :(

Kind regards,
JP Velders