[j-nsp] Unable to ping all NE when MAC are learned in Bridge group

Jason Fortier jasoncfortier at gmail.com
Wed May 1 08:57:58 EDT 2013

The NE have the correct ARP address of the MX5,   the MX5 on the other hand
does not have an ARP entry.  It does learn a MAC from the NE in the bridge
domain.  for what ever reason the RI is unable to put the two together.

For some reason the link between the Bridge and Routing Instance is
missing/broken for some NE and not others.

JTAC has suggested that there are differences between the MX480 and MX5 in
the way it "routes"  and is checking internal documentation.