[j-nsp] Aggregate interface AE issue

Ben Dale bdale at comlinx.com.au
Wed May 1 21:25:51 EDT 2013

Hi Ala',

I think you are trying to do isn't going to work - when you bring up the aggregated ethernet interfaces between the two MXs, your media converters/management units will no longer be visible.

Picture the AE as a tunnel between the two MXs (even though frames aren't actually tunnelled) - any intermediary devices aren't going to be able to return any traffic regardless of VLAN tag because their MAC addresses aren't being learnt on the AE interface, they're being learnt on the physical ge-2/x/x interface only (which doesn't have vlan-tagging configured on it.

Do your media converters have out-of-band access at all?

Ben