[j-nsp] 3G/4G on SRX

Aaron Dewell aaron.dewell at gmail.com
Thu May 2 00:51:56 EDT 2013

I have a cx111 which I use when the primary connection goes down.  I'm
using usb tethering from my phone which works only if you're willing to
constantly mess with it. I wouldn't recommend that setup.

However, I have a customer using the non rebadged cx111 (aka cradlepoint
cba750) with the paired verizon modem attached. There is an always on ipsec
tunnel running over it from the srx. It goes down about an hour a day
average in each site. As long as that doesn't coincide with a t1 outage...
it's all good. Still investigating the reasons for those drops.

So ymmv but it works decently well.

Note that neither of those experiences are with prepaid or m2m. I imagine
it would be the same until you ran out of credit.

Aaron