[j-nsp] Inserting security policies on SRX

OBrien, Will ObrienH at missouri.edu
Wed May 1 10:20:52 EDT 2013

Did you edit the new policy and set anything in it first?

Will O'Brien

On May 1, 2013, at 8:48 AM, "James S. Smith" <JSmith at WindMobile.ca<mailto:JSmith at WindMobile.ca>> wrote:

I have an SRX240 running 11.1R2.3, and occasionally I have to add new policies.  The obvious choice would seem to be use the insert command but I’m getting some weird errors.  For example, I have a number of policies for the different protocols going between the IT staff and the untrust zone.  When trying to insert a new policy the SRX complains the policy does not exist.

jsmith at fw01# insert security policies from-zone it_staff to-zone untrust policy it_staff-untrust-windows-rdp before policy it_staff-untrust-default
error: statement 'it_staff-untrust-windows-rdp' not found

James S. Smith Network Architect
WIND Mobile 207 Queen's Quay West, Suite 710 Toronto, ON M5J 1A7

Email: JSmith at WindMobile.ca<mailto:JSmith at WindMobile.ca>
Direct: 416-640-9792

Fax: 416-987-1203

<image001.png><http://www.windmobile.ca/><image002.png><http://www.facebook.com/WINDmobile><image003.png><http://www.twitter.com/WINDmobile>
<image004.png><http://www.windmobile.ca/>