[j-nsp] Inserting security policies on SRX

James S. Smith JSmith at WindMobile.ca
Wed May 1 10:36:00 EDT 2013

Is something funny going on with the mailing list?  I sent this original email 2 years ago.

Also saw a bunch of other emails get sent out that people had sent from 2009 and 2010

From: Michael Loftis [mailto:mloftis at wgops.com]
Sent: May-01-13 10:28 AM
To: James S. Smith
Cc: juniper-nsp at puck.nether.net
Subject: Re: [j-nsp] Inserting security policies on SRX

I've found the "insert" and similar commands often get confused as to what you mean and where unless you move into the hierarchy closest to where you're working first by doing "edit security policies from-zone it_staff to-zone untrust" then doing your insert X before Y statement from that part of the hierarchy.