[j-nsp] Maximum IPsec (st0) tunnels for SRX-series

Ben Dale bdale at comlinx.com.au
Sun May 5 20:33:08 EDT 2013

As long as your tunnels don't breach the IPSEC Throughput numbers, you should be right™.

I have a few SRX240s out there with upwards of 500 tunnels on them, some dynamic routing (3 core sites only), and they're sitting at around 50% CPU.  They're all running DPD with intervals of 10 and 3 (which I think is as low as you can go).

The scaling numbers I've seen for SRX1400s (for route-based VPNs) are the same as SRX3600s, and about double what the data sheet numbers currently show.

Ben