[j-nsp] auto-negotiation on 1000BASE-X ports

Martin T m4rtntns at gmail.com
Wed May 15 06:23:25 EDT 2013

Olivier,

I thought that "auto-negotiation remote-fault local-interface-online"
translates to "keep the local interface online despite the fact that
remote-fault detection, which is part of the autonegotiation, has
detected that link is unidirectional". If I connect both optical
cables, enable auto-negotiation and set the remote fault either
"Online" or "Offline", then both ports are still up:
http://s16.postimg.org/s0rzvt0sz/autoneg_and_remote_fault2.png

Either it's not working or I am doing it wrong..

regards,
Martin