[j-nsp] EX2200 OSPF question

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Thu May 23 04:41:49 EDT 2013

On Wednesday, May 22, 2013 11:17:29 PM Paul Stewart wrote:

> You have to buy the extended feature license on the
> EX2200 to run OSPF. We have a bunch of EX2200-C deployed
> that have OSPF routes on them and they work fine - to
> qualify that though, there is very little traffic
> through them at layer3 - cant' see them handling much
> layer3 traffic. That deployment is mainly layer2
> oriented.

It's a shame that Juniper make you pay for an IS-IS license
to run it on the lower-/mid-end EX platforms, yet all an
operator might want that for is management access.

Maybe some bright soul at Juniper will come up with yet-
another-license where we can run IS-IS in "management access
mode".

Granted, all you'll get today, if you turn it on, is
complaints about it not having a license, but Juniper are
now seriously threatening software enforcement in upcoming
code.

Mark.