[j-nsp] ISSU timeouts on MX upgrades due to large routing tables?

Mike Azevedo mikea615 at iristransport.com
Thu May 23 10:25:30 EDT 2013

I have an MX960, full routes, performed issu. Did not have a timeout problem.

However, like Ras eluded to, other issues...Once the backup routing-engine upgrades and takes primary RE position, the used-to-be primary upgrades itself. You would think everything is fine with a new primary RE but the chassis goes into alarm still saying the backup is active like it switched for a failure event. JTAC says I have to switch it back to the old primary to get the alarm to clear. Why can't I run the 'new' primary for a while?