[j-nsp] srx cluster - control and data link throuigh cisco nexus switches

pkc_mls pkc_mls at yahoo.fr
Wed May 29 14:09:42 EDT 2013

Hi all,

I'm currently trying to setup a cluster of srx3400 using a pair of cisco
nexus to connect
control and data link for redundancy. Junos Version is 11.4r7.

Each SRX3400 uses one RE, one CRM, one SPC and one NPC.

The first node from the cluster is fine but the second node doesn't come
up correctly.

The "show chassis fpc pic" indicates that the slot 0, 5 and 6 (RE, NPC
and SPC) stay in testing state.

The same hardware works correctly when wworking outside of the cluster.

Badfully I can't remove the presumably faulty srx3400 from the rack to
plug it directly to the node0.

Did anyone manage to setup a cluster using nexus to connect control and
data link ?

I tried junos 12.1 but the cluster was not stable at all (jsrpd and
chassisd keeps crashing).

thanks.