[j-nsp] SRX 3600 dropped packets - how to debug?

Morgan McLean wrx230 at gmail.com
Wed May 29 15:24:16 EDT 2013

Side note on the DNS ALG, RHEL 6 doesn't like the SRX DNS ALG. RHEL 6 makes
both A and AAAA lookups for each name resolution in the same connection,
resulting in two requests being sent out, one response being received and
the session closing, cutting off the second response. This causes a 5-10
second time out for every name resolution on the server.

There is a flag you can set under the resolv.conf to require a new socket
per query, or you can turn off the DNS ALG. Could also custom define a DNS
service that times out in 10 seconds or something?

Morgan