[j-nsp] SRX cluster and VC Lags

Per Granath per.granath at gcc.com.cy
Thu Nov 7 02:59:24 EST 2013

The EX4550 supports up to 8 interfaces in each LAG, while you have 12.
http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos/topics/concept/interfaces-lag-overview.html

However, that's not an issue there, since even though on the SRX side you should have one RETH with all 12 interfaces, on the EX-VC since you should have two separate AE interfaces, with 6 physical interfaces in each.

A couple of good exampls...
http://juniperguru.wordpress.com/2013/08/04/srx-chassis-cluster-with-redundant-lacp-lag-trunk/
http://cooperlees.com/blog/?p=401

The hashing for load balancing is not configurable on the EX.
For IPv4 it is based on source/destination, IP/port.
http://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB22943 (probably needs an account to be viewed).