[j-nsp] Juniper MX104

Paul Stewart paul at paulstewart.org
Thu Nov 14 06:51:41 EST 2013

We have pushed MX80 very hard with PPPOE and found the 4k number to be realistic.  Of course it depends on what other features you are turning on as well.

I worked with Juniper team to perform POC’s and load testing with “real life environments” and at the end of the testing (and based on what I see with several of them deployed at customers) the 4k number is “safe”.

The MX104 most likely won’t be able to handle any more subscribers than 4k neither - but have not seen any POC”s or deployments yet on that hardware.

Paul