[j-nsp] eBGP with internet provider from DataCenters

Dave Curado davec at curado.org
Fri Nov 15 11:10:55 EST 2013

Hi Yham,

Thanks for the map -- your situation is a lot more interesting than it
first appeared!
I'm guessing there may be some number of requirements and policy
decisions that went
into this.  Without knowing all the back story, it makes it a little
tricky to say what would
be best solution.

I realize I'm not answering the question you have asked, but I'm curious:
Is there a reason that the BR-1 and BR-2 routers can't be part of the same
AS as the "Internal Internet with public ASN core"?  That would seem
like a clean solution.

If you can't do that, and you can't use private AS-es for the pair of
BR-1/BR-2 routers, then
when I look at your diagram, each BR-1/BR-2 pair *looks like* a single
AS to me; while they
are connected together through the MPLS network, that happens through a
different private AS.

So, somewhat ironically, I'm back at my original message with my same
list of pros and cons. =-)

HTHs,
Dave