[j-nsp] Junos BNG PPPoE inside a VPLS

HahnC at t-systems.com HahnC at t-systems.com
Thu Oct 10 03:24:30 EDT 2013

Hello Paul,

I've configured lt-interfaces only on MX40 but should be in principle the same on heavier boxes. You need to enable tunnel-services on the MIC/PIC your want to use for this. I use that to connect logical-systems. Under the lt-interface config I had to define the corresponding lt-interface as "peer-unit".
I have no clue how this influences the throughput on this particular MIC/PIC. This is my config:

chassis {
	fpc 1 {
		pic 1 {
			tunnel-services;
		}
	}
}

interfaces {
	lt-1/1/0 {
		unit 0 {
			peer-unit 1;
			<usual interface config>
		}
		unit 1 {
			peer-unit 0;
			<usual interface config>
		}
	}
}

Hope this helps a bit,

cheers,
Christian

<><><><><><><><><><><><>

T-Systems International GmbH
Telekom IT

Christian Hahn
E-TSOCT, Verbundtest NT

Holzhauser Str. 4-8, 13509 Berlin
+49 30 8353-24212 (Tel.)
+49 69 66531-111 (Fax)
+49 170 7641791 (Mobil)
E-Mail: hahnc at t-systems.com
Internet: http://www.t-systems.de

T-Systems International GmbH
Supervisory Board: René Obermann (Chairman)
Board of Management: Reinhard Clemens (Chairman), Dr. Ferri Abolhassan, Dr. Markus Müller, Georg Pepping, Hagen Rickmann, Klaus Werner
Commercial register: Amtsgericht Frankfurt am Main HRB 55933
Registered office: Frankfurt am Main
WEEE-Reg.-No. DE50335567

Notice: This transmittal and/or attachments may be privileged or confidential. It is intended solely for the addressee named above. Any dissemination, or copying is strictly prohibited. If you received this transmittal in error, please notify us immediately by reply and immediately delete this message and all its attachments. Thank you.