[j-nsp] LACP/LAG

Keith kwoody at citywest.ca
Thu Oct 17 17:00:19 EDT 2013

Hi.

Any reason not to run LACP on a LAG link?

Setting up a new LAG with some gear on our MX and have setup the AE
interface and turned it up, but have not actually cut traffic over to it yet.

They were saying run in passive or no LACP, with it just

On cisco one does: channel-group <x> mode on/active/passive and I
did have trouble getting both sides to come up properly on the cisco, one
side would always come up suspended until I set the ports to just on.

I have done the same on the MX side, except I did not use aggregated-ether-options lacp
and just left that statement out.

Both sides came up on the MX and it looks ok. Am I going to get bitten in the ass
at some point for not running LACP?

Docs I see always configure LACP for LAGs, and mention not running it but never really
why you would.

Thanks,
Keith