[j-nsp] MX-80 as a BRAS and as a LAC

Paul Stewart paul at paulstewart.org
Thu Oct 24 13:36:06 EDT 2013

Thanks for bringing that up Š. 16,000 IFL¹s and PPPOE uses two IFL¹s per
subscriber and the box doesn¹t handle more than 4,000 PPPOE customers very
well.  There has been some challenges with Juniper identifying how far the
box will really scale - we tell our customers to not go above 4,000 as a
³good rule of thumb² of course depending on what they are doing and how
they are using it etcŠ.

-p