[j-nsp] M5 or M10 AC power supplies

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Tue Sep 10 18:05:39 EDT 2013

I was pretty sure the old M5/M10 were around 500W, max, total.  You
sure that 700W isn't just the rating on the PSU? I'd bet you only need
A couple hundred total to run it unless it's fully
configured...Something like this ->
http://www.trcelectronics.com/View/Mean-Well/HRP-200-48.shtml

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 2:16 PM, Chuck Anderson <cra at wpi.edu> wrote:
> I have an old M10 (not M10i) with DC power supplies.  Does anyone have
> any AC power supplies they'd be willing to part with or trade for the
> 2 DC ones I have?  This is just for playing around in the home lab...
>
> Alternatively, does anyone know of a cheap way to get enough DC power
> for these in a lab that doesn't have DC power?  Each power supply
> needs 14A at 48V, about 700W.
>
> This needs to be really cheap or free, because otherwise I'm just
> going to trash the whole router.
>
> Thanks,
> Chuck

into trouble of all kinds."