[j-nsp] Heterogeneous LACP link

Tom Storey tom at snnap.net
Mon Sep 16 11:01:04 EDT 2013

Isnt that the whole point of the OSI model? To separate different layers
and make them independent of each other so that one layer doesnt need to
care about ones above or below it as such?

With that in mind, different optics shouldnt have any kind of bearing on
LACP, which should only need a bunch of like links to bundle together.

And having said that, I have seen LACP bundles formed over two different
submarine systems of different lengths. While it might not be ideal, it did
seem to work just fine.