[j-nsp] LACP/LAG Between MX and Cisco

Keith kwoody at citywest.ca
Mon Sep 23 18:37:37 EDT 2013

Hi.

We have a 3750X and an MX480 connected together.

As the gig link between the two is now approaching capacity we
will be turning up a LAG between the two.

As the traffic is all coming in from the internet through the MX towards
the 3750 and customer eyeballs, I'm wondering on the 'best' way to load
balance that traffic coming from the MX to the 3750.

I have things in my lab going, but there are lots of load-balancing options
on the 3750 and the juniper (srx240) in my lab does not have the same options
as the MX we use.

In reading and experimenting, I get different results in my lab but as there are more
options on MX than the srx, I am unsure of what load-balancing options would work
best in this scenario.

Using a vlan on the cisco with an IP address, connecting two ports in an channel
and connecting both ports to the MX, and have an IP address on ae0.

Thanks,
Keith