[j-nsp] Junos BNG PPPoE inside a VPLS

Graham Brown juniper-nsp at grahambrown.info
Tue Sep 24 18:27:48 EDT 2013

I've run into a very strange bug on the MX where PPP through a VPLS results
in the packets being mangled - affected circuits have been migrated to
L2VPNs. Although a fix is provided in 12.3R4 which we are currently testing
- I'll dig out the PR when I get into the office.

Graham Brown
Network Engineer
Snap Internet
Christchurch, New Zealand
Twitter - @mountainrescuer <https://twitter.com/#!/mountainrescuer>
LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/in/grahamcbrown>

On 24 September 2013 21:46, Mark Tinka <mark.tinka at seacom.mu> wrote:

> On Tuesday, September 17, 2013 04:05:50 PM Adrien Desportes
> wrote:
>
> > Hello William,
> >
> > Before 13.2 you would have to use an external loop to
> > terminate the vpls on one side and the ppp on the other
> > side (as lt- interface does not support the proper
> > encapsulation for ppp).
> >
> > Starting 13.2 (that was just released), if you use L2VPN
> > rather than VPLS to backhaul your DSLAM VLAN, the below
> > feature might do the job w/o consuming ports for the
> > external hairpin:
> >
> > http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos13.2/topics/co
> > ncept/pseudowire-subscriber-interfaces-overview.html
>
> Now I really don't have to have VPLS at all.
>
> Happy days :-).
>
> Mark.

Graham Brown