[j-nsp] Junos BNG PPPoE inside a VPLS

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Wed Sep 25 03:40:19 EDT 2013

On Wednesday, September 25, 2013 12:27:48 AM Graham Brown
wrote:

> I've run into a very strange bug on the MX where PPP
> through a VPLS results in the packets being mangled -
> affected circuits have been migrated to L2VPNs. Although
> a fix is provided in 12.3R4 which we are currently
> testing - I'll dig out the PR when I get into the
> office.

I've always found VPLS to be a bit of a hammer (in the
majority of cases, customers really needed l3vpn, and were
merely attracted to the buzz that is MPLS and all its
cousins).

Broadband aggregation backhaul and 3G/4G backbone platforms
is where I thought VPLS was probably sensible, i.e., as a
backbone feature and not really as a service to customers.
But Pseudowire Subscription gives me goose bumps :-).

Mark.