[j-nsp] VRRPD_MISSING_VIP

Morgan McLean wrx230 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 03:06:12 EDT 2013

This is from a google search:

  VRRPD_MISSING_VIP
 [image: page2image14704]

System Log Message

Description

Type Severity

VRRPD_MISSING_VIP:
Packet received by interface-name for VRRP group vrrp-group-id did not
include required virtual IP address ip-address

The indicated interface received a Virtual Routing Redundancy protocol
(VRRP) packet for the indicated VRRP group in which the list of virtual IP
addresses did not include the indicated address. For VRRP with IPv4, the
list is defined by the virtual-address [ addresses ] statement at the [edit
interfaces interface-name unit logical-unit-number family inet address address
vrrp-group group-number] hierarchy level. For VRRP with IPv6, the list is
defined by the virtual-inet6-address [ addresses ] statement at the [edit
interfaces interface-name unit logical-unit-number family inet6 address address
vrrp-inet6-group group-number] hierarchy level.

Error: An error occurred

error

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 10:54 PM, John pp <luklaupdates at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey All,
>
> Getting these error spammed in our logs, one IRB is getting VRRP packets it
> seems from some source? I'm thinking its a server inside the network that
> is trying to use the gateway, but I'm honestly stumped...
>
> Any help is GREATLY appreciated
>
> Thanks

Thanks,
Morgan