[j-nsp] system archival configuration and filenames

Victor Sudakov vas at mpeks.tomsk.su
Wed Apr 2 02:49:56 EDT 2014

Ben Dale wrote:

> This was discussed here a little while back - in short there is no
> way to archive them unzipped them except to have a server-side
> script monitoring the directory you FTP to and doing it for you.

It's inconvenient enough that a TFTP server cannot be used to store
configs. But OK, I'll set up some contraption on the FTP-server side.

> As for the naming, that is odd - the standard format for these files is:
>
> router-name_juniper.conf.n.gz_YYYYMMDD_HHMMSS

May I have misconfigured something? Do I need to configure anything
other than "system host-name" and "system archival configuration" for
this feature to work? I don't have any transfer-interval configured,
is that required?

If anyone is running EX4200-24T with 12.3R3.4, can you verify that
your backup config filenames are in the standard format?

If I zcat those "acc_transfer_link_3775" files they are no doubt the
configs I expect to see, only the name is weird.

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
sip:sudakov at sibptus.tomsk.ru